I’m super happy to announce that this, dear reader friends, is my 25th blog post! Never thought I’d make it this far! *Hands in the air in praise* Thank you, Lord!
Thanks to each and every one of you for your support through comments, follows, and subscriptions. And you lurkers, subscribe to the thing and leave a comment already!
In honor of my little blogging milestone, here are 25 lessons I’ve learned along the blogging path. “How do I blog thee? Let me count the ways!”
1. Blogging. Takes. Time. Duh, I know; it should have been obvious. It is far more time-consuming than I anticipated, but in a good way … I think?
2. Who knew that I’d be entering a vast new world of blogging buddies/Twitter tweethearts/Facebook fans? I appreciate and learn so much from each of you. Kudos to you all!
3. I’ve learned to show my flesh a back seat and to let God get the glory in what I write. My motives have been sifted, right before my eyes.
4. I’ve had to seriously fine-tune my organizing skills to accommodate this blog. It’s easy to get overwhelmed, not so much with writing but with the other aspects of blogging. Can we say balance, balance, and more balance?
5. I’m so longing for Comment Luv to work on my blog. I know they’re tired of me over at Intense Debate. Let’s get this thing together already!
6. Writing well isn’t enough; you have to market your blog and show interest in other people’s work too.
7. Engaging in social media as a blogger can feel like bungee jumping: exhilarating, but a tad scary!
8. I still don’t quite understand what a meme is. I know; I’m slow.
9. I’m so grateful to the individuals and groups that share information and encourage new bloggers. I salute you all, especially the SITS Girls, MomComm, Shelley Ellen, ProBlogger, Michelle Shaeffer, and BlogFrog.
10. Without a pen and paper around to jot down post ideas, I’d be an unrestrained hot mess.
11. Even with pen and paper, I am an unrestrained hot mess … who blogs. 🙂 (hmmm, sounds like a good tag line, eh?)
12. I’m kinda scared of the blogging chats on Twitter, even though I’d love to participate. Everything moves so quickly. How (or when) to jump in? Yikes!
13. I wish I had time to look into all the cool plug-ins and programs out there. Where’s a girl to start?
14. The posts that I think are going to be a hit are often a miss, and vice versa. #whatcanitellya?
15. I struggle with balancing the serious posts with the quirkier ones. Choices!
16. No matter how I try to stick to a blog schedule, something new always comes in and overrides the planned post. What’s up with that?
17. I need to learn to write shorter posts. I’m an editor; so why is that so hard for me? Um, cuz I talk too much?
18. I have great respect for people who blog every day. How. Do. You. Do. It?
19. I wish I had more time to read other people’s blogs. I was subscribed to or following 102 up to last month; I caved in and slashed the number to about 40. Still torn about the decision.
20. Excited about adding new elements to the blog next year. Anxious about how I’ll balance those new commitments. *smile*
21. Blogging forced me to pull out my HTML and CSS textbooks so that I could learn again how to doctor my text. Fun!
22. I realize, yet again (re: #21 above), that I am a geek. I accept it and revel in it.
23. I love looking for appropriate pictures and videos to go along with each post!
24. A blog is nothing without someone(s) to share it with. Readers, I really love the interaction via your comments. Keep them coming! And those of you who haven’t commented yet… *wags index finger* You know who you are!
25. Leave a comment!