Can I interest you in creating a different Christmas list?
Amidst the buying frenzy of the holidays
Long after the Black Fridays and Cyber Mondays and Giving Tuesdays are over
While you make your list and check it twice…
Can I encourage you to remember those who
- Are bought over and over, sometimes up to 40 times a day. That’s the buying frenzy they know.
- Are living a bleak, extended remix of a black, despair-riddled Friday every. single. day. The “bargain”? How little the john can pay for them.
- Are on the list to be bartered like any another product on the market.
- Are of little value except for the price their bodies can command to the highest bidder.
- Are risking daily beatings and sometimes death if they are no longer moneymakers for their bosses.
- Are dead to the joy of receiving and giving gifts at Christmas.
What if your “different Christmas list” included:
- A decision to support organizations like The Exodus Road that search for kids and women enslaved against their will and rescue them from that death-style?
- A contribution to any organization that fights to abolish human trafficking and sexual slavery?
- A commitment to pray for those desperately needing the gifts of intercession, concerted action, and a willingness to speak out about slavery?
Will you prayerfully join me in preparing a different Christmas list this December?
This is what your “different Christmas list” could help eliminate:
Listen to Hosanna Poetry as she makes a case for freedom for those precious souls–millions today, in 2013!–still bound up in the horrors of human trafficking.
And this is what your “different Christmas list” could mean for just one young girl:
Are you ready to compile your “different Christmas list”?