I hit the half-century mark on Tuesday. I honestly don’t feel any different, but the boat-load of “Happy 50th Birthday” wishes is a not-so-gentle reminder that I’m now in a fresh new decade. Good thing is … 50 ain’t nothin’ but a number!
With that in mind, here’s what I wish 25-year-old Alison could have known all those years ago.
- An amazing relationship with the Creator awaits you. He will change you in ways you haven’t even begun to imagine.
- Your love of music will continue to be the balm that covers the rough spots and calms the storms in your life.
- You will have victory over childhood traumas that sought to cripple you emotionally. Yes. You. Will.
- You will be in better physical shape at 50 than 25 (I know, hard to believe) despite wrinkles, cellulite, and grey hair.
- Those things that now seem like losses are merely God’s way of preparing you to bless others later in life through your testimony. No hard circumstance is wasted in God’s economy.
- It may not get easier, but it does get better. I know you felt out of your league at times, as if someone dropped you in the deep end of the pool, but every challenge will teach you how to swim upstream, survive, and thrive.
- Family will continue to be at the heart of your life. Be thankful for them … even the ones to whom you give a side-eye. *smile*
- Your concept of love and friendship will mature. As you build emotional muscle, God will weed out and graft in people. You will bring joy to their lives, as they will to your life.
- You will be blessed beyond measure in order to be a blessing to many. Your gift will make room for you and bring you before great people. (Proverbs 18:16)
- You will be pleasantly surprised at the person you become!