My fellow blogger That Darn Kat bestowed the Very Inspiring Blogger Award upon me, to my great surprise! So, abiding by the rules of the award, I’m honoring seven of my blogging peers and sharing seven facts about myself. Here goes!
- Display the award logo on your blog. (See above)
- State seven facts about yourself. (See below)
- Link back to the person who nominated you. (See introductory paragraph)
- Nominate seven other bloggers who deserve this award. (See below)
- Notify each of the bloggers of your nomination. (To be done shortly)
Seven facts about me:
- I have not looked at the Thursday night television tsunami titled Scandal. I know; the horror. *rolls eyes*
- I rock a mean lotus position in yoga. Used to practice it when I was a lot younger, so it’s no biggie most of the time. But please don’t ask me to do a head stand. The very thought of it makes me dizzy.
- I love coconut oil for all of its health benefits, but you can’t pay me to drink coconut water.
- I was a soap opera addict for years. I’d vary my lunch hour to accommodate Days of Our Lives. Even now, I can give you the back story to characters on a variety of soaps.
- My one attempt at smoking a cigarette ended up with me and my cousin burning ourselves and almost getting into a car accident. Can we all say together: “Dumb”?
- I suck at learning dance moves. Electric Slide? Cupid Shuffle? Nope. Harlem Shake? Maybe. ROTF!
- At a food joint in Miami when I was still a student, I realized I didn’t have enough money to pay for my meal. A couple at the next table happened to know my uncle and paid the rest of the tab for me. I kid you not!
Here are seven of the many bloggers who rock my blogging world. Go check them out!
- Deidra Riggs at Jumping Tandem creates amazing word pictures that suck you in and plant you smack in the middle of her story. Her Sunday Community is a must-visit each weekend.
- Melissa Culbertson’s Momcomm is my go-to for blogging wisdom. Her critiques of other bloggers’ pages help us all bring our A game, be it in blog design, content, or navigation.
- Eva Wilson, aka SocaMom, carries me back to the Caribbean with her tales of growing up as an island girl in the USA , as well as her current family foibles. Did I share that she is a shoe fanatic like moi? Ms. Eva knows shoes!
- Michelle Howard over at Radiant Brown Beauty shares great tips for women of color who prefer to go the natural route. She’s my go-to girl for the latest in skin and hair products that don’t contain a ton of suspicious ingredients.
- Anita Matthias lives in England, Dreaming Beneath the Spires. Her love of words, of writing, and of Jesus is contagious, and her work challenges me to be a better blogger.
- Nicole Cottrell is the Modern Reject. Often controversial, always thoughtful, she defies entrenched Christian-think like few others do.
- Kristin Tennant‘s candor in Halfway to Normal is a welcome relief from many of the sugary sweet Christian blogs out there. She writes from the intersection of faith and real life as a liberal Christian.